Ford, Chrysler and GM's contributions after 9/11.
CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and GM's contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and Washington.
The findings are as follows:
1. Ford - $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered ER response team services and office space to displaced government employees.
2. GM - $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number and a fleet of Vans, SUV's, and Trucks.
3. Daimler Chrysler - $10 million to support of the children and victims of the Sept. 11 attack.
4. Harley Davidson motorcycles - $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to the New York Police Dept.
5. Volkswagen - Employees and management created a Sept 11 Foundation, funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims of the WTC.
6. Hyundai - $300,000 to the American Red Cross.
7. Audi - see VW
8. BMW - Nothing.
9. Daewoo - Nothing.
10. Fiat - Nothing.
11. Honda - Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in August 2001
12. Isuzu - Nothing.
13. Mitsubishi - Nothing.
14. Nissan - Nothing.
15. Porsche - Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche website.
16. Subaru - Nothing.
17. Suzuki - Nothing.
18. Toyota - Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August 2001. Condolences posted on the website.
Whenever the time may be for you to purchase a new vehicle, keep this information in mind. You might want to give more consideration to a car manufactured by an American-owned and / or American based company. Apart from Hyundai and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies contributed nothing at all to the citizens of the United States ... It's OK for these companies to take money out of this country, but it is apparently not acceptable to return some in a time of crisis! I believe we should not forget things like this. Say thank you in a way that gets their attention...