Sunday, September 6, 2009

An Interesting Article

I don't know why, but as I was reading my various Internet sites/news this morning the question popped into my head, "What do liberal American Jews think about Israel?" So I Googled the question. You can link to what I found by clicking on the title of this post.

Very thought provoking (for me) on various levels. I loved this:

Let me explain to liberals again for the milli-vanillionth time what conservatives have always grasped. Having a meeting is a means to an end. It is not the end itself. No matter how vigorous the handshake, no matter how tasty the sandwiches, no matter how comfortable the chairs, a meeting is a beginning, not an ending. Meetings prove nothing. What matters is actual tangible achievements coming out of meetings.

As a former government employee I could not agree more. I cannot count the number of wasted hours and hours of f-ing committees, etc., that I had to sit through that never arrived at a solution. The members got to add it to their resumes, however, to prove what good public minded citizens they were even though what they did accomplished absolutely nothing and generally cost the sponsoring governmental agency funds to pay the salaries of (forced) employees participation, feeding these people, etc.

It's kind of a long article but I highly recommend it. There were only three comments so I'm not sure if he is read by a lot of people. I'm going to read some other stuff on this guy's site and may add it to my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment