Saturday, March 28, 2009

Odds and Ends

Today would have been my mother's 91st birthday.

It's snowing.

Took my last Arimidex this morning. Start Femara tomorrow. Googled Femara this morning and am not happy that side effects seem to be equally as bad. Forgot that weight gain is side effect for both drugs so being fat is totally not my fault.

Read all my old entries today (somebody's gotta do it) and see a trend toward cutting and pasting, then commenting on mostly political news. This is not supposed to be a political blog. I hate politics after 30 years of government employment.

My very favorite quote is, "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one." Or maybe its tied with, "Farts smell so deaf people can enjoy them too." That may not be PC but I still find it ROTFLMAO funny.

Had surgery a week ago. Now have nipples. See new internist Monday for high cholesterol and triglycerides (another bonus from Femara to add to my list) Have to remember to check if Arimidex could be contributor. Nothing is ever my fault.

Saw geneticist this past week to find out if I am at risk for ovarian cancer also.

Thank God for Prozac. I am becoming one of those people who talk about nothing but their health issues. Must Find More Interesting Things To Write About...

Received my copy of Sherlock Holmes, Volume One, that I bought off of eBay this week. Complained to my husband that it smelled like old people. He thinks it smells like mothballs so I guess the two are synonymous in my mind. Anyway, it's in a plastic bag with cedar chips to hopefully eliminate the odor. I've heard burying items in clean cat litter also helps. Hey, this turned into a helpful hints post. Maybe there's hope for this blog yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment