Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hopefully Last Entry On This Subject

A blogger I (used to) read has converted from Christianity to atheism. I commented about this and was told by another commenter that you can't convert to atheism. Yes you can. Look up the definition of convert. It means to change your belief. So there.

The fact that she's done so is really of no interest to me. I am a Christian. I am steadfast in what I believe. She does not want to hear from those who aren't "rah rah" about her decision. I see that many new commenters were led to her blog from atheist blogs. Hope she finds happiness with her new readers.

This blogger has also attacked another blogger - one who is very popular and successful. That I find offensive. My take on this is that she is jealous of this other blogger's success and what is portrayed as a happy life. The attacker has not won major awards, published a bestseller, portrayed herself as being in a happy marriage, etc. Perhaps if she gave a legitimate reason for her attack I would be less defensive, but she hasn't. She states on her own blog, oh wait, the entry has been deleted. Dang, I was going to do a cut and paste from it. In short, she doesn't want people to read her, or at least make comments, who don't agree with her. I think that desire should extend to who she reads and writes about. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. I'm contradicting that statement here myself, but I don't feel that I've made an attack. I've not been allowed to share my opinions on her blog so I've stated them here. And that's all I have to say about that, I sincerely hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment