Sunday, October 17, 2010

What a week!

The babysitting went well Thursday. She is old enough now that she realized what Mom meant when she said good-bye so had a minor breakdown. Fortunately she is easily distracted and was back to her usual happy self quickly. We had a good time. Most of the "games" involve handing an object back and forth and of course peekaboo is always a big hit with the toddler set. Now that she's walking she is no longer interested in being held. She was pretty sleepy when Mom and Dad got home and snuggled with her Daddy. Pretty darn cute.

Listed our '84 Ramcharger and '90 Probe on Craigslist about 10:00 Friday night and sold them both yesterday. We bought an '06 Dodge Dakota and an '08 Ford Fusion so hopefully will be good for another twenty years. Unfortunately these newer vehicles aren't compatible with do it yourself mechanics so my husband won't be able to maintain them the way he did our previous vehicles. Now you need to hook up the engines to a computer so you're at the mercy of others. Fortunately, we have an honest mechanic.

Managed to get the last of the leaves raked up yesterday in between taking phone calls and checking e-mails for people interested in the vehicles. We had spiffed up the Probe on Friday and cleaned up the Ramcharger yesterday morning. Managed to get in a shower and have a follow-up with the eye doctor on the contact lenses too. We did order a pizza since neither of us had had time to eat before dinner. Amazing how hunger takes a back seat when you're busy.

So on the horseback riding front my instructor made me get on the horse by myself twice this past week. Normally she would hold the far side of the saddle so it didn't slip as I got on and hold the reins so the horse didn't walk off. Now I'm responsible for keeping the horse from moving and we are having quite the time. She doesn't respond to "Stay!" the way my dogs do. All in all, I'm riding better and my husband said he could see a lot of improvement from when he last watched me ride about two and a half months ago. He got to meet "my" mare for the first time and was impressed with how large she is (Belgian draft cross). Most of the riders graduate to other horses but I fear my girth may keep me on her forever. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Seems like everyone starts out on her and she is a barn favorite.

Have lots to do before I head to California on Friday. Hopefully this week will be a little less hectic although when I look at all I need to do it doesn't look like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment