1. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare. You cannot find it any other time of year. Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip?
2. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on.
3. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.
4. Chocolate, apple, sweet potato, mincemeat, pumpkin. Have a slice of each. If you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert?
5. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's Day. You can do that in January. Now it's time for circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food.