Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Funniest Thing I've Seen (so far) Today

It was about 10 below zero F when I let the dogs out this morning. One of them always does his business as fast as possible (actually sometimes I wonder if he goes at all) and then runs back to the sliding door to be let back in the house. I've discovered over the years that it's better to wait until everyone shows up at the door. Otherwise, they stop in the middle and run back to get let in also. They just know that there's only one chance to get back inside and if they don't make it the first time, all is lost. So Mr. Ants in his Pants is spinning and circling frantically to get back inside while I wait for dog number two to return. Dog one seems to have feet that are especially sensitive to extreme cold and starts lifting one foot, then another and holding it in the air. He finally sits down and holds both rear feet up. Then the fronts were cold so he lay on his side and took turns holding various feet airborne. Lest you think I'm the world's cruelest owner, this all took place in the span of about five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment