Friday, November 15, 2013

Slippery Slope

The title of this post describes my driveway. It took me four attempts to get up it yesterday in a front-wheel drive sedan. I was just going to the bank of mailboxes to mail a bill that was coming due. The mailman hadn't delivered the mail yet and I didn't go back. Now I'm debating whether I should go check the mail before today's delivery just in case the box is full. I could check it a second time for today's when I leave for my riding lesson.

It rained fairly hard on Sunday and turned to snow later that evening. Makes for a lovely ice base.
Today I'm breaking out the 4-wheel drive truck. Enough of the slip and slide nonsense.

I spent hours on the phone yesterday. I love that people are concerned about me but I'm developing cauliflower ear. I ended up putting the phone on speaker and ripping out some cross stitch mistakes I had made when trying to talk and cross stitch at the same time. I can't walk and chew gum so I don't know what made me think I could do both simultaneously.

Every day I try to sort through a few of my husband's things to be either tossed, sold or donated. It seems overwhelming since he never threw anything away. Ladies, don't let your sons grow up to be hoarders. Of course, he would be facing the same dilemma with my crafting supplies had I gone first. We were both pretty clueless about the other's interests. I am not even going to attempt to deal with his tools without the help of friends. First the stuff in the house, then the shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment