Wednesday, November 20, 2013

White Whiskers

No, not Santa but the horses at the barn. It was -10 at my house and they said it was -17 at the barn. If it wasn't so dang cold I'd take pictures but I'm afraid the temperature would kill my camera while it sat around waiting for me to finish my lesson. Anyway, all the horses had frozen whiskers and they're getting pretty fuzzy. One of my favorite Haflingers is especially cute. Somebody told me he was mean but I find him very affectionate. He will put his head against my chest and nibble at my shirt while I rub all over his face and neck.

Oh crap, I see the wind is blowing which means it's even colder than what the thermometer is reading. I need to do a few outside chores so guess I'll bundle up extra warm.

Guilt is a great motivator. I would loved to have stayed in my fleece pajamas under my fleece sheets but I have dogs and birds to take care of. That's about the only thing that will get me out of bed on days like this.

2 comments:

  1. It's hot and humid down here... While I usually moan about not having cold weather and snow... -17 does not sound good! I'd love to see a picture of the white whiskers, though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 17 degrees here this AM and tonight is supposed to be just as cold. Love it! Crystal clear!!

    ReplyDelete