Tuesday, December 14, 2010

No Jingle Bells for Me

I made a set of red, white and green rhythm beads with eight jingle bells for the horse I ride. She seemed cool with them when I strung them over her head. We walked out to the arena where my instructor said, "Do I hear bells?" and promptly made me take them off the horse. Seems that despite the claim that rhythm bells are soothing to horses, some horses freak and even if "my" mare didn't object, other horses in the arena might. My instructor said that she had a student once who had a tin of Altoids in her pocket that scared the horse she was riding into running away with her. I can totally appreciate the liability issues but now have a useless decoration. Anybody want them? They're about 66" and fit a Belgian cross perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. I think the bells were a nice, festive idea. Unfortunately, not all horses appreciate the Christmas spirit. I've never heard of a horse getting scared over a tin of Altoids!

    ReplyDelete