Monday, January 10, 2011

Quote for the Day

We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress.
- Will Rogers

Made a "new to me" bean soup recipe in my crockpot this morning. You gotta love an author who tells you to start out with the crockpot on high "to melt the bean blob" of canned refried beans. She claims this soup is fat-free but did not specify purchasing fat-free or vegan refried beans. I checked the label on my can and, sure enough, lard is one of the ingredients. If I'm not mistaken, lard = fat. It's not a big deal to me but might be to others.

Not much going on today. I ride later so maybe something interesting will happen at the barn. I see that fame-whore Sarah Palin is somehow being referenced to the tragic shootings in Arizona. Please stop giving that woman attention and let her crawl back under a rock in Wasilla.

Cold making me cranky? Nah...

2 comments:

  1. Haaaaaa! Under her rock indeed. I'm pretty sure we're safe from her now; she's suffering from over-exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Palin has definitely overstayed her 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete