Tuesday, January 18, 2011
This Is Hard
I've received my first blogging award from JJ at The Joy of Horses. Since I'm pretty much computer inept I'm not sure if I can even follow rule #1 (the linking portion) Thank you, JJ. I feel all Sally Fieldish (you like me! etc.)
The rules are as follows:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
So, seven things, hmm.
1. I'm not stylish in any fashion-related sense, hence my love for hanging out at the barn. Grubby clothes and no make-up is my element.
2. I'm a breast cancer survivor who for the most part is in denial that it ever happened. Two years out of my life was spent dealing with it and now I just want to move forward.
3. I love to read which is why I spend so much time on my computer reading blogs. I find your life stories fascinating. I read anything in print but I guess fantasies, mysteries and horse-related books are what I mainly read right now.
4. I would love to own acreage. Not necessarily to be a farmer or rancher, but to have peace and quiet.
5. I am both a dog and cat person. My husband doesn't like cats, plus we have birds, so I make do with the barn cats. One of them follows me everywhere, probably because I give him treats.
6. The barn where I ride only offers English disciplines. I harbor a secret desire for the bling of Western. Silver saddles make me swoon.
7. I hope to be able to enjoy the company of horses for many years to come.
I'm not sure if I can come up with 15 "recently discovered" bloggers as I've been reading some of you for quite a while, but here we go (again with the linking - ack!) I also want to apologize in advance if any of you are award free blogs. Sorry if I've offended.
In no particular order I award:
1. The 7MSN Ranch
2. Morning Bray Farm
3. Rising Rainbow Arabians
4. Nuzzling Muzzles
5. Painted Promise Ranch
6. Girl Plus Horse
7. 50 Plus Horses
8. Dressage Mom
9. Green n Green = Black n Blue
10. Grey Horse Matters
11. Hidden Haven Homestead
12. Forty Pound Sack
13. Home On The Range
14. Lone Star Concerto
Edited to add - Okay, so it's taken me a couple of days to figure out how to do links. I haven't even had time to read your blogs. I have to go run errands so will try to notify everyone later.
Posted by Ms Martyr at 12:05 PM